Friday, March 16, 2007

Promotion - A Career Booster

The promotion list was out today and I am one of those who will be promoted on 1 Apr 07. This is my third since I joined MFA on 14 Feb 00. The promotion came kind of earlier than expected. My previous two promotions were in 2002 and 2004. I thought I would have to wait for another year as promotion in the civil service normally gets slower as one progresses up the rank. Fortunately, I will not have to wait for another year.

This promotion is a significant one for my career in MFA. I will now be posted overseas as a second secretary instead of third secretary. Besides marginal increase in benefits, the number of posts I am eligible for will also increase. This may translate into actual postings which I have been looking forward since I returned from Taipei last year. Hope I do not have to wait too long for my next posting. Cheers!

No comments:

Music Nournishes The Soul & Mind (Chinese Songs)......